Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beholding Beauty!

Our granddaughter, Jordyn, sent me the following photos, which she took for an assignment in her photography class. I think they are gorgeous!

Jordyn and her little cousin, Maddie, each have Rose as their middle name. I think the first two photos are just like them, both very sweet, one is all pink and "budding out", the other a vibrant young woman. I can only imagine the fragrance these blooms emit!





Sunsets - one of my most favorite things! This is gorgeous!! Can only imagine how "beautous" it was as the colors and shadows changed!

Thank you Jordyn for bringing bright colors to my wintery world today! Love you!!! You have reminded me of the old hymn "For the Beauty of the Earth". It goes like this ...

For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth over and around us lies.

For the wonder of each hour, of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flow'r, sun and moon, and stars of light.

For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above, for all gentle tho'ts and mild.

For Thy church, that evermore lifteth holy hands above, off'ring up on every shore her pure sacrifice of love.

REFRAIN:
Lord of all, to Thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.


I am indeed grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment