Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Happy Mother's Day to my mother, sisters, daughters by marriage, and motherly friends! It was a lovely day here. Talked with Jeff and Jeremy yesterday, mom today, and went to church with Brett and Esther and girls. Music was wonderful as well as Brett's message. He was concluding a series on 1 John. From gifts and cards I would like to share this one from Brett's daughter, Isabel, who is just finishing first grade. The reverse side said "I love you very (with 12 verys) much". Precious!!!


I love her drawing of the two of us. I told her that she had me skinny and with an apron. Well, she got one out of two correct!!! :D


After church, we went to Thai Bistro in Wichita. The food is so flavorful and delicious!! I had my spice in the "mild" version, Rich was "medium" and Brett, Esther, and Moira were all "hot". YUMMY!!! A couple from Brett's church was sitting at a nearby table and left before we did. When we finished our meal the waitress brought three orders of mango and sweet rice - compliments of this other couple! What a sweet, delicious, THOUGHTFUL note to end on! We were blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment