Tuesday, May 8, 2012

California 2012 - The End

It had been a hectic week. Renee was on biz trip, Maddie and Jeremy a bit under the weather (as was Renee when she left ), doctors' appointments for Maddie, and I was very busy with grandkids, my mom, and lunches with Kathy and Joel and my friend Janet. So on Sunday it was about relaxing and taking a walk in the neighborhood.

Pray for this sweet family as they prepare for Maddie's eye surgery on June 1. There are many details and pre-op appointments to get taken care of before then. Add the wedding of Renee's twin brother on top of their busy work schedules and you have a couple of over-flowing buckets!

For those of you old enough ... do you remember the 1960's sitcom, "Hazel", where Shirley Booth played the role of Hazel, a household maid???? She was known for her walk, arms bent at elbows as she quickly scurried through the house. I couldn't help but laugh at Maddie. She has the "Hazel" walk.

A stop at the little neighborhood park for a trip down the slide.

We had great fun playing catch in the cul-de-sac - a very safe place to play.

See what I found, daddy? What is it about little kids and rocks? Maddie loves them.

Wonderment!

I was able to spend a few days with Jeff and Caroline and their family before returning home. One evening I went to Caroline's book club with her, where I saw "old" friends. Great fun! Then my last night it was "girls' night out". Caroline, Jordyn and Lauren, and family friend Sue and her daughters, Taryn, and Angela and I went to the movie. We saw "The Lucky One", adapted from the Nicholas Sparks book of the same title. It was great fun and how I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED hearing Sue's great laugh again! It had been a long time. Thanks girls for a fun evening. Just what I needed before getting on an airplane (actually two airplanes!).

It was another great trip with sweet memories safely tucked away!

I came home to these beautiful sights! Our yard is gorgeous. Never before like this. The growing season is so short here, compared to California and last summer was so beastly brutal, the green yards and beautiful flowers were a welcome sight and something to behold!




1 comment:

  1. Ooh! I love the last photo! I'll have to look there next time I'm over!

    ReplyDelete