Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

I'm back on the road to eating less and healthier (and REALLY stepping up the exercise)! Yesterday I had the idea of creating a fat-free pumpkin muffin. With a little help from the Weight Watchers website I created the muffins you see above. They are REALLY yummy - and SOOO easy! My (unofficial) Weight Watcher point calculation is 1 point per muffin!

Here's my recipe....

Pumpkin Spice Muffins
2 egg whites
1/2 cup PLUS 1 tablespoon water
1 15-ounce can solid pack pumpkin
splash vanilla
healthy dash pumpkin pie spice
1 box spice cake mix (Duncan Hines was what I had on hand)

Beat egg whites and water until foamy. Add vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Beat again. Add canned pumpkin. Beat well. Add dry cake mix - as is. Beat well. Batter will be VERY heavy. Spray 24 muffin cups  with non-stick food spray and fill each with batter until all batter is used. Top with chopped pecans (optional). Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until they test done with a pick.

I took some to neighbor friends and they really enjoyed them, as did Rich and I for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. This morning they were VERY moist. Really YUMMY. Actually more flavorful than the pumpkin muffin I had yesterday morning at a local restaurant/bakery - and I'll bet a lot less fat!

Think I'll try modifiying my banana muffin recipe. What do you think about using a yellow cake mix - even a reduced sugar one?  I'll be back with results at a later date! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment