Tuesday, February 8, 2011

If it's Tuesday it's BLOWING SNOW!

Last week we had 18+ hours of blizzard conditions. At the beginning of it our deck looked like this. You should have seen the snow sculptures the blowing/drifting snow made! They ended up about twice as high as in this photo!


Mom2Mom was postponed from February 1/2 to February 8/9 due to the poor weather conditions. So what does one do when snow-bound. CLEAN!

Rich and I tackled our storage room. This is a tiny glimmer of what it looked like. A huge mess!

Now it looks more like this! The little girls can color at the table. I took four boxes of books to the library - 86 in all, plus friends took a big box of books as well.

And find a game or two!

So TODAY - what do we have AGAIN?? Blowing and drifting snow! Even though you can't see the numbers on the yardstick, the drift at our front door measured 18" by late morning.

Mom2Mom scheduled for tonight and tomorrow was cancelled AGAIN! Oh how disappointed I am!

So what's the drill?  CLEAN! I tackled my really bad office closet. It's been driving me nuts for months!

Crazy girl that I am - a woman on a mission - made a trip to Walmart for storage tubs. Driving conditions not the greatest, but sure didn't have trouble finding a place to park!


So now my closet looks more like this! I am a happy girl - and feeling VERY organized!

Tomorrow?? I will tackle my desk. No photos. I've exposed enough of myself for now! HA!!

UPDATE: TODAY, 2/9/2011 - reports say we had 17 INCHES of the WHITE STUFF!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cleaning!! I am impressed! About M2M, all I can say is that I think the message must be one that our enemy does not want the girls to hear! Let's pray for no tornadoes when they are rescheduled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *wish* just once that I could organize that well. I just move piles back and forth - and sometimes fill up tubs.
    I thought the same thing about M2M that Debby said. Maybe more praying is in order!

    ReplyDelete