Saturday, February 19, 2011

Black Bottom Cupcakes

I'm taking these to an event tonight - Black Bottom Cupcakes. So easy! Haven't made them in YEARS, but they just might be my new go-to dessert. Mix. Bake. Take out of oven. Done!

After lunch Rich wanted a sample! :)

The recipe came from Rich's cousin, Marlene, who gave me several of her recipes as a wedding gift - ALMOST 46 years ago! We had a lovely visit with them during our Summer 2009 trip to California.

Here's the recipe...

Black Bottom Cupcakes
Combine in small bowl:
8 ounces cream cheese (I use Neufchatel, 33 1/3 less fat)
1 unbeaten egg
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
6 ounces chocolate chips
Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, salt. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.

Combine in large bowl:
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water
1/3 cup Wesson oil
1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat above ingredients until well combined.

Fill 24 muffin tins with cupcake papers. Fill each cup 1/3 full with chocolate batter. Top each one with heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture. Use all of both batters. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. These look rather good...I think I'm going to print the recipe and keep it in my "to try" file :) (That file's fairly large, by the way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!! I will serve them at our next community life group - well, the one next week, since I have already decided what we are doing this week.

    ReplyDelete