Thursday, January 6, 2011

Correction -- Breakfast Cake Recipe

I made a mistake in the amount of baking powder in the recipe I posted yesterday. The correct amount is 2 tablespoons of baking powder. The corrected recipe follows.............

Breakfast Cake

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
3 eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
6 cups oats (quick or old fashioned, I used quick)
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Cream butter and sugars, add eggs, milk, vanilla. Beat well. Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon. Mix well. Batter will be very thick, heavy. Spray a 9x13 pan and pour batter into it. I lightly sprinkled a little cinnamon and sugar over top. Bake at 350 degrees until firm and golden. It took mine about 40 minutes. After baking you can top with nuts, brown sugar, butter. (I didn't do this because of how I served it, which is how Nanci served it.) Serve with vanilla yogurt, fruit (I used one large bag of frozen and defrosted mixed fruit, one of a berry mix, and also sliced banana), walnuts, almonds and coconut - all toasted.

It really is yummy, very satisfying, and as brunch dishes go, really pretty healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment