Thursday, April 11, 2013

Sunday Afternoon Tea

Last Sunday I hosted an Afternoon Tea for the gals on our Mom2Mom Leadership Team. It was my thank you gift to them for an awesome year of ministry.

I can't say enough about these women! All serve with passion, using their God-given gifts and talents to the max. They are caring, sensitive, creative, wise, beautiful, Godly women!

It was so fun to use wedding gift silver, my mother's silverware, napkins, depression glass platter, and American Fostoria. She was truly on my heart this day! The menu consisted of egg salad sandwiches on flower cut-out bread, chicken salad sandwiches on heart cut-out bread, cucumber sandwiches on tea cup cut-out bread, blueberry-orange and cherry-almond scones, lemon curd and strawberry jam, and fresh fruit salad. Of course a tea is not complete without sweets so there were chocolate covered strawberries, sugar cookies and brownies cut in heart, butterfly, flower and tea cup shapes. Oh, yes, tea and coffee too! It was such fun for me to prepare new and old recipes!


Mary Ellen, Deb, Debby, Marilyn, Janice, and Helen.



Ellen, Debbie, and Rosemary. MyrtleLoy joined us later. We have five other gals on the team, but schedule conflicts didn't allow them to come. It's so hard to get everyone together, so we just had to go with this group. Most of us are also in Bible study together, so our roots go deep!



I have stepped down from this ministry as Rich and I contemplate a return move to California. Nothing is for certain, but I needed time in my life as Rich and I pray and research our options. M2M has given me a real purpose in our time here. It's a place where I have experienced considerable personal growth as I used the gifts and talents God has given to me. It is bittersweet to step away, to be sure.

Pray for M2M as the team seeks new leadership. Pray for Rich and me as we seek God's direction.

2 comments:

  1. You outdid yourself, Carolyn!!! We should have given you a tea! I am so very grateful that God brought you to Newton. What a dear friend you have become and will continue to be! We will definitely have to make a trip out to CA someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so hard to see you go, Carolyn (& Rich), and we will miss your leadership so very much.
    Your tea was wonderful. You definitely have a gift for hospitality!

    ReplyDelete