Saturday, April 13, 2013

MCC Run for Relief

Today was the MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) Run for Relief - 5K Walk/Run. Brett, Esther, Moira, Audrey, Isabel, Maeve and I joined about 300 other participants in this great fundraiser.  It was a chilly morning - about 38 degrees!!!! A chilly morning made for a fast race. Think we were thinking about getting warm!!!

Personal best:
Brett - 30.28
Esther - 24.32 (she received a medal for 3rd place in her division!)
Moira - 27.05 - (she received a medal for 3rd place in her division!)
Me - walked it in 52.26 - last year I did it in 57.56, so everyone very excited for my time! Guess my walking for exercise (not shopping!) up/down aisles at Wal-Mart have paid off! :)

Audrey and Isabel - don't have their times but they had a great time running together.

Maeve - don't have her time either, most likely under 50 minutes.


Maeve and I ready to roll! We ran together for several yards, hand-in-hand then I told her if she wanted to run ahead she could, just stay on the path. She was off like an arrow! Every once in a while I could see her ahead of me, looking back, then she got so far that she was out of sight until the turn-around. As she began to lag, I'd yell, "hurry if you want to beat me!" She'd take off running again.  Beat Grandma - a strong motivator! HAHA!! Esther came out to run with her about the last half mile and she finished strong. She was very proud to have run her first 5K!


Finished off the morning at the MCC sale where we had Russian pancakes (crepe with cinnamon sugar) and New Year's cookies (really a doughnut ball with raisins).

Great morning! Great memories!

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you! You didn't have any verenike? I love sausage and verenike (several ways to spell that one). Missed the MCC sale today. Too much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that Mennonite food is pretty good, but maybe not too good for you. A bit of fat in them.

    ReplyDelete