Sunday, July 29, 2012

Farewell Our Dear Friend!

Today our dear friend, Janet, became suddenly ill and passed away unexpectedly and is now in the arms of Jesus. We are stunned and shocked and broken-hearted!


She leaves behind a loving husband, a loving daughter and son and their spouses, five adoring grandchildren and her sisters. Her circle of friends was vast.

We've stayed in their home, travelled together, had many Bible studies together, more laughs than can be counted, and shared tears. Their home was a place of hospitality and Brett remembers being there so many times for Bible studies, Burger Bash, and other high school events. Janet is the first of our life-long friends to pass and the pain is deep! She really became Rich's friend first, but over years she and I became "kindred spirits" of sort. We loved talking about our kids/grandkids, spiritual things, and we shared many deep prayer requests. She was a great friend to Rich's mom in her later years. Her loss will leave a deep void in our lives.

 Please pray for her family and closest friends

Farewell my friend! I'll see you on the other side!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Carolyn, I just caught a whisper of this on facebook this morning through a few comments. I am so sad to read this. I saw the beautiful description of heaven by Jean Cross, that she sent us when our Joey went to Heaven. It provided us deep comfort and am praying the same for the Bennett's and all those close to them. My heart hurts for them all. Sudden death is so shocking and it takes a long time to recover. I didn't know Janet well, but knew her to be a lovely person. I see that you two were close friends and that this is a deep loss for you as well. I am so sorry and I am sending you my love today and praying for comfort for all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was a dear friend. She was especially close to Lucy Gardner. :Lucy wrote a lovely tribute to hr on FB. They were friends for 35 years! Truly sisters. These are certainly the times where we don't understand the Lord's ways but have to completely trust in Him. She leaves a huge void. Today my mind is singing "I Can Only Imagine". Our loss - Heaven's gain! You understand that all too well!

      Delete