Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Moira!

Today is Moira's 12th birthday! My goodness!!! Time has certainly flown by!

I love this photo of Moira at 3 years of age!

Mo, as I often call her, is the oldest of Brett and Esther's four daughters. She is a very bright young lady, articulate and not at all timid when it comes to conversation. She is an avid reader (is currently reading "Little Women"), loves to write and illustrate her own stories, likes crafts, has sung in the Newton Community Children's Choir and this last school year played the viola in the school orchestra. She now has her own instrument and is playing in a local summer strings program. She has played soccer and this spring participated in track. This is one well-rounded "tween"! She tells me her favorite thing to do with me is birthday shopping, as well as helping me cook, and frosting /decorating Christmas cookies! Gotta love it!

And here she is today - sporting her first contact lenses and fancy sunglasses!
Mo, in a year - that's just 365 days! - you'll be a teenager.  It's fun watching you mature and "grow up". I give you these Bible verses in hope they will help guide your path - Philippians 2:3-5.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. .. you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus."

With much love!

1 comment:

  1. Twelve? Already?? My goodness these grandkids grow up fast!!

    ReplyDelete