Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another Good Book

I recently finished reading another good book, "My Sister Dilly", by Maureen Lang.


This novel is set in the Midwest and the story centers around a mom who unsuccessfully attempts to murder her severely handicapped daughter. It's a journey of survival, restoring and redeeming a life, knowing and finding love from God the Father, as well as a man.

The Author's notes state that the story "was inspired by a combination of true stories: By mothers who've been to the darkest place a mother could go, survived, and found their love survived with them. By other mothers who face each day not knowing how long their children will live and yet make it through with incredible strength. By women who feel they've let others down, not from lack of caring but rather from lack of confidence". I felt as though I was definitely reading a true story. It enlightened me to some of the challenges mothers like Dilly face. A good read!

For local readers, it can be found in our church library (just as soon as I return it!) Non-locals can find it at amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment