Sunday, July 17, 2011

Craziness!!

This HEAT is enough to make ya crazy!!!

When I came home from my Saturday morning gym workout - all hot and sweaty - Rich said to me, "Hon, will you help me a few minutes? I'd like to sweep out the garage." Now mind you, he'd already been out watering the yard for TWO hours! So what's a girl to say but, "Sure!"

It was filthy! All the mud and dirt from WINTER. It was so bad that I'd long ago put down cardboard and other mats to cover it up so we wouldn't track it into the house.


That stack of bricks??? My job was to stack it, three high, according to directions. Well, it's all nice and neat now with garden pesticides and ice melt in boxes.

We swept and swept, hosed it out, reorganized some stuff. It looks SOOOO MUCH better! 2.5 hours later, 97 degrees in the shade - we about fell in a heap!

Now the rest of the mess still awaits. But, heck, what's the rush??? It's been like this for nearly five years. Surely it can wait until a 40 degree-kind of day!

The very best part of this little story, aside from being having a garage "somewhat" cleaned out is that Rich had the stamina to do all of this. Man-a-live, it's been a long time comin'!! He's pretty happy about all of it!

And yes, heat WILL make you a little crazy! :)

3 comments:

  1. We cleaned ours last week too! Sure is nicer, although I don't think anyone else would notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure when it comes time to use that ice melt, we'll all be wanting some heat back...Good for you guys, though, for cleaning out the garage in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the neatest pile of stuff I have ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete