Monday, October 18, 2010

Another Wonderful Book



I learned about this book from a couple of moms at church. I began reading it during my devotion time this summer and continue to read it when I need a "focus". It contains wonderful chapters on various topics; praying for your child's faith, character, safety, relationships, future. The author writes stories from her personal experience, or that of her friends, and then writes prayers to pray for your children on that topic, taking the words directly from the Bible. I think it's a precious book not only for parents but also for grandparents. It would make a lovely baby shower gift.

It has a companion book on praying the scripture for your teen agers. I've given these to our children. So it's safe to say our grandchildren are pretty much wrapped up in a shield of prayer.



"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." 2 Samuel 22:31


No comments:

Post a Comment