Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, Honey!

Today is Rich's 68th birthday! OK Honey, so you've caught up with me! (At least that's what he likes to tell everyone.) :)




I LOVE it when he gets really tickled. His eyes squint up and he has a great, hearty laugh. It's unmistakable and makes him - HIM!



One of the things this man-of-mine especially likes is WEATHER! He always said he wanted to live in a place where there are four seasons. Well, he's THERE - or is it HERE! The weather phenomena that really gets him excited is a STORM. We saw this cloud formation a couple of weeks ago here in Newton, which REALLY excited him. Thought it might be a brewing tornado as the clouds were moving in a circular pattern, but it passed on to the east. I will say that it was pretty amazing to see!

Oh, didn't you love his blog post about "Down on the Farm"??? Apart from a very brief time he lived on a farm as a toddler and visits to his grandparents' farm as a small child, he's never had any farming experience. I told him that week of farm chores was to satisfy his "Inner Farmer"! While it was a physical "push", he really loved it.


You all know the physical challenges he's met head-on this past year. He's done it with grace and dignity, no complaining, and always with a positive disposition, even on days when he felt discouraged over his continuing lack of energy. What an example of "grace under fire", even when he didn't feel like it. I'm so proud of him, for his strength and courage and "slogging through"! A quitter he's NOT! And a little update ... his body chemistry numbers are improving, if ever sooo slowly. He feels better than he did a couple of weeks ago, so that's improvement, but still not at a place where he can expend much sustained energy, i.e. exercising, walking the neighborhood, etc. So it's little by little.....


"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life."
Proverbs 16:31
He is my love, my friend and my companion. I am blessed to have him in my life!
I love you, Rich Dewey, from the bottom of my heart!

1 comment: