Monday, July 5, 2010

California Visitors - 2

Our first full day started off with the CA kids making their stepping stones. With the ones we make this summer, I'll have over 40! That's a huge load to put away from winter's snow and ice and take back out in the spring. I decided that we probably have enough, except for the youngest grandkids, and ones yet to come, so this was the last for Cole, Jordyn, and Lauren to make. Their hands and feet are so big that they nearly fill up the mold!

Allison and Kate.


Now a word of explanation. I don't USUALLY look this "tough", but I knew it was going to be a hot and dirty job in our hot and humid garage, so why shower BEFORE??
Lauren.


Jordyn - and our messy garage.


Cole.


What is better to do on a hot, humid day??? Why, a water balloon fight! The guys were at lunch and driving through farmland so the girls got out the balloons, buckets, and hoses. They had a blast!




Now, there she goes again - "Cartwheeling Kate"! Why this girl just springs in the air, whether she's walking outside OR inside! I guess I'm so taken by it because when I was a kid, try as I might, I could NEVER do this!


The girls were originally going to fill the buckets with water balloons and then sabotage Cole when he returned home. But could they wait? NO!


Everyone agreed that a water balloon fight is WAAAY more fun in street clothes than swim suits! Can't you just hear them laughing and screaming???! Hey, Kate, that's pretty good-looking "runner's form"!


Even though rain was threatening, we walked down the street to the new water park in our neighborhood.


It was a wet 'n wild day!

No comments:

Post a Comment