Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Birthday Moira!

Moira joins the ranks of teen agers today - 13 on Father's Day! What a gift for her Daddy!!!

When I asked her wanted she wanted for her birthday dessert, she told me she wanted to make cupcakes and make roses for the decoration. So I took out my cake decorating book, pastry bags and tips from my 1980's JCPenney decorating class and did we ever have fun!!!

We spent almost four hours making cupcakes, then a batch of decorating frostings. I read the instructions while she practiced using the various tips. What a blast! This is one talented girl. It took her about five tries and she had the roses looking really nice.




We were very excited with the results!  We had to prepare everything early since she'd be coming home from camp the day of her birthday dinner. So they are tucked away in the freezer, nicely wrapped and ready for her 13th birthday dinner. She's so excited to show her family her accomplishment.  Let it be said ... she made the cupcakes, I frosted them with chocolate frosting, she did ALL the decorating except for the leaves, which she asked me to do. I put on the green polka dots, she created the rest!! We both agreed that it was the most fun we've ever had!!! Aren't they beautiful!!!




Happy birthday sweet girl! You are one musically talented, athletically talented, and academically talented young woman!!! God has great things in store for you. Just follow his path!!!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. I took a cake decorating class too. How special to share that with your sweet granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete