Monday, March 5, 2012

Gardening!

It's so good to be able to get outside to do some gardening!!! We spent about four hours Saturday morning trimming and cleaning out rose bushes. They were already beginning to leaf out due to the warm days we've had. We were pretty aggressive cutting out dead wood, shaping and generally enjoying working on the project together!


You must know that gardening during the month of March in Kansas isn't anything like gardening during the month of March in California! My legs were freezing in my Cali gardening pants! I had FOUR top layers on and was still cold! It's all about the WIND!

Now it's on cutting back the prairie grasses and to pulling weeds. How do those weeds even think about growing when it's cold out???!!

2 comments:

  1. I saw you in those clothes as I drove by on 24th! I need to get out and do that but it just has not happened! I am seeing that things are budding too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my! I don't go for good looks when I garden! I actually love the fun of getting dirty! Must still have some Iowa farm girl in me! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete