Saturday, December 10, 2011

Gingerbread House

I decorated my first-ever gingerbread house, actually I'm calling mine a church. There's a cross on the front, "stained glass" at the back, and all those little colorful candies on the sides represent all the people inside.

I purchased the edible kit from a sweet family who was selling them at the bake sale and craft bazaar that our women's ministry held last weekend. The mom in the family is one of our Mom2Mom moms who home schools her third and fifth grade children. She told me they had Business 101 all last week as they baked and cut the gingerbread and put into kits, along with directions and the requisite candies. (I added the few starlight mints). The children "worked the table" and were very competent little sales people. So glad to support this sweet family!

My Christmas baking is in full swing! I have made several batches of six different cookies and they are in the freezer/fridge, ready for me to start baking off. I've tried a couple of new cookies this year, so anxious to see how they turn out. Will also make some peppermint bark and perhaps another candy. When I get started, I get on a roll! I'll post some photos in a few days!

Until then ... enjoy your Christmas preparations!

1 comment: