Friday, June 3, 2011

Another California Trip - Part 2 - The End

After a day and night with Kathy, I returned to Moorpark. Caroline and the little girls keep Maddie on Thursday, so I was able to have some fun time with these little girls at the neighborhood park. Maddie is wearing her new eyeglasses. She's so sober when wearing them.

Kate and Allie had fun with Maddie in the swing. It was a first for her. She seemed very focussed on watching the shadow of the swing as it moved across the sand.

It's been said that Maddie's glasses look like mine. It's pretty tricky keeping glasses on a six-month old but she's trying to adjust.

In 'n Out deliciousness with Kate and Allie.

Back at home we made two ice cream pies. One a peppermint stick, the other a mint and Oreo cookie, both with hot fudge in the middle. Yum! I love cooking with these girls.

Jordyn and I also made a cherry cheese pie, but sadly I couldn't remember the correct amount of lemon juice so it didn't set as it should have. I felt bad! Don't usually trust my memory on recipes.

With Lauren.

With Cole.

On the way home from church on Sunday, we learned that the Amgen Tour of California bike race would be arriving in town. Amgen is a large biotech company, located about a mile from our home in CA. One of the drugs they manufacture is a drug that Rich needs to take now after his kidney surgery. Who would have thought! Anyway...... We went home for cameras and found a spot along the street to wait for the bikers. There were several media cars, CHP on motorcycles, etc. Finally a lead car came through saying the first four bikers would soon arrive, giving their names and locations, and that the peloton would follow in about 3 minutes 30 seconds. Right on time. Very exciting! They just flew by. They were followed by cars with back-up bikes on roof tops.

The peloton.



It was a cool, overcast day, great for bikers. The peloton was followed by several more cars with back-up bikes, then ambulances, and finally California Highway Patrol. This nine-day tour was on its final leg. It would go through this valley and then one last very steep mountain before arriving at Amgen in Thousad Oaks. A great way to end my stay in Moorpark!


Jeff, Caroline, and me.

Who's the "shrimp" in the middle??

My last stay would be at my Mom's. My brother Steve cooked for Mom, Kathy and me. He cooks for Mom every weekend and I love being there when I can for this family time.


Spending time with all of these precious loved ones truly filled all the cracks and crevices of my heart! Another wonderful trip! Thank you Honey!

1 comment:

  1. In 'N Out burger and the Tour de California....Marc and I realize we shouldn't be jealous, BUT we are. Marc's a cycling enthusiast, and since knowing him, I've sort of become one as well....It's on our "list of goals" to one day go and follow the Tour de California. AND, we LOVE In'N Out Burger....On another note, it looks like Maddie is adjusting to her glasses pretty well for a 6-month old (I can't believe she's that old already). Glad you got to go and visit out west :)

    ReplyDelete